Home of the Ultimate Xbox 360 Modding Tool, Horizon. XboxMB.com is a community of Xbox 360 gamers and modders who share Tutorials, News, Reviews, and other resources. Xbox Message Boards is free to sign up and use, so what are you waiting for? Register Now!
This is a very simple HEX mod for Mass Effect 3 to mod credits. For those fairly experienced in HEX modding this TUT will be blatantly easy and nothing you couldn't figure out on your own. Experience aside even newbies and leeches can make use of this
Tools You Need
1. A Hex Editor of course
2. A CON Hasher/Signer (I use modio but any will do)
3. A Mass Effect 3 Checksum Fixer, Link: Checksum
4. A FatX Explorer Device
5. Your current number of credits
Tutorial (DON'T FORGET TO MAKE BACKUPS!!)
1. Extract your save. If you haven't modded a save before you need the save data which is within the contents of the save a .xbsv file
The Save you Need
2. Open the save file in your Hex Editor.
3. Search in the following format: Integer Number, 32 Bit Long Integer, Big Endian. By formatting it this way you don't need to convert your credit value into HEX it will do it automatically saving you some time, as well as narrowing your search to only 1 result: Your credits. Make sure too type the number of credits as the value of course!
Once completed you should see this:
5. Change your HEX value to 05F5E0FF (as seen in photo). Then SAVE
6. Open the save file in the ME3 Checksum Fixer and click "Fix Checksum"
7. Now reinsert your save file, rehash and resign and place it back on your profile.
Congrats if you followed this guide properly you have 99,999,999 Credits. I hope this will make due for those who can't wait for an appropriate save editor to be created. I may add other HEX tuts if nothing comes out soon for other aspects, but currently I only wanted to mod my credits. Feel free to post the locations of any other things you find.
Some foot notes:
1. If you don't properly fix the checksum your save will be corrupted.
2. If you try and mod your stuff too high your game will freeze. My value is tested safe.
3. Immediately spend as many credits as you can. Once your earn even 1 credit you will reverted to 9,999,999 (still a really high value)
I hope you find this Tut useful. Feel free to leave comments.
Most of the current tools are not very useful or broken. I have seen saves that are unique. By that I mean the offsets that the save editor changes are wrong and break your save.
Tools aside its never too late to learn how to HEX mod saves Some games don't have editors made, you don't need to wait on some fancy editor to do HEX edits (though some games have built in checksums) Plus mods in Mass Effect 3 except for Coalesced.bin mods (jtag only) aren't very useful at all due to the fact that high values reset to normal after just one use (credits max at 9 million making it the most useful, but fuel, ammo ect all goes down to you default max based on your character) And modding XP can be useful.
__________________ I need to learn how to make a cv and I am looking for a awesome job. I think I should call to safe institutions for facilitation because it is very elusive for me to invent necessary s