today im going to be showing you all how to change the background image that you have on your login screen.
You will need to download this registry key
, unless you want to go through the registry yourself and change the needed values (not suggested)
*Warning* The image you want to use has to be smaller than 256KB and also needs to be a .JPG file
This is pretty much the standard image for all windows 7 users (it may be different if you have a specific manufacture of computer/laptop such as acer, but this will still work)
What I want to change mine to right now is this Legend of Zelda one:
1. Open "My Computer"
2. Go to the drive that has Windows installed on (normally C:\)
3. Open the folder named Windows
4. Open the folder named System32
5. Open the folder named Oobe
6. Open the folder named Info or create it if it doesn't exist
7. Create a new folder named Backgrounds or open it if its already there and delete everything if there is anything inside it
8. Get the image that you want as your login background and copy it into this folder renaming it to "BackgroundDefault.jpg"
9. Extract the Registry Key from the .rar folder and double click on it to add it to your registry.
10. Press Ctrl+L which will lock your computer and show you the background that you have just added.
If you have any problems with this then feel free to comment